After back-to-back months with more than $1.4 million in earnings, the Chip Leader Coaching team kept the ball rolling with another solid performance in April.
CLC cofounder Chance Kornuth set the bar high with a strong showing at the PartyPoker MILLIONS North America at the Playground Poker Club. First, he finished fourth in the $25K Super High Roller for $97,863, and a week later took eighth in the $10K Event #6 Finale for $38,952.
It also wouldn’t be an authentic CLC update without some big scores from Alex Foxen. He only had two scores in April, but both were six figures. First, he finished seventh in the PartyPoker MILLIONS Grand Final Barcelona €25K Super High Roller for $110,312, and less than a week later placed fourth in the €10K High Roller for $185,112.
Meanwhile, nine-time ring winner Robert Hankins nearly won his tenth when he finished runner-up in the World Series of Poker Circuit Harrah’s Cherokee Event #5: $365 NLH 6-Handed for $21,187. Four days later, he placed 12th in the $1,675 Main Event for $23,373.
At the same stop, Ryan Jones took second place in Event #12: $365 NLH for $16,151.
It was also a great month for Chris Conrad, who kicked things off by winning the $135 RunGood Poker Series Tunica RG Pro Bounty event for $6,216. Three days later, he finished second in the $550 Main Event for $32,049. Not content to stop there, he traveled to the WSOPC Cherokee and notched three more cashes including 15th in the Main Event for $19,048. He then voyaged to the WSOP Circuit Horseshoe Baltimore and cashed three more times including fifth in the Main Event for $41,661.
Down in South Florida, WSOP bracelet winner Nipun Java took 91st out of 816 runners in the WPT DeepStacks Immokalee Main Event for $1,758 and four days later finished 79th in the $3,500 WPT Showdown Championship for $8,762.
Over in Las Vegas, Ryan Laplante finished second out of 561 players in the $600 buy-in Wynn Signature Weekend for $37,834.
East Coast grinder turned Vegas regular Lisa Costello, who was recently featured on the PokerNews LFG Podcast, made a deep run in the Venetian’s DeepStack Extravaganza II Event #21: $600 NLH DoubleStack finishing in 31st place for $1,264.
Finally, up in Minnesota, Steve Belland took down a $150 Roughrider Poker Tour event at Turtle Lake Casino for $3,895.
Here are some other CLC team scores from April:
- Steve Jungmann finished 46th in the MSPT Canterbury Park Main Event for $2,289.
- Nick Jivkov finished 4th in the WSOP Harrah’s Cherokee Event #4: $580 NLH for $12,550.
- Martin Carnero placed 47th in the 2018 WPT Seminole Hard Rock Poker Showdown for $14,536.
- Mike Younan took 41st in the MSPT Potawatomi Main Event for $2,396.
- Kobi Ribak placd 28th in the WPT Showdown Championship for $20,042 and two weeks later final tabled an $1,100 NLH event at the Isle Pompano Beach, ultimately finishing in eighth place for $7,018.
- Sean Shah finished 44th in the 2018 Seminole Hard Rock Poker Showdown Event #1: $570 NLH for $4,166 and four days later 56th in the WPT DeepStacks Immokalee Main Event for $2,531.